Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fun with White Balance

Lisa Spangler is starting a contest of her own! This time around she has combined card making with photography – playing with White Balance.


My camera is a basic point-and-shoot model with no bells nor whistles. I don’t have a custom white balance, but I do have a few pre-set options. I took a picture with all 6 of my options and did not touch them in Photoshop (well except to add my watermark). Here are my examples:

Auto, Daylight, and Cloudy all looked basically the same so for the sake of space I’ll only make you look at one.

Daylight:

Flash:

Fluorescent:

Incandescent (yikes!):


And now my personal favorite! I took the Auto WB picture and fixed it up in Photoshop.

Tah Dah!

{Supplies: HA Clear Design Cupcakes, Bazzill Dotted Swiss cardstock, JoAnn and Offray ribbon, Pebbles Inc. Candy Dots, Yellow Stickles}

I think I’m finally at a place where I’m mostly happy with my photographic system (that was nice and non-committal, eh? I like to keep learning!). As you can probably guess from this post I rely more on Photoshop than on my little camera…

2 comments:

Godelieve said...

Amazing difference with the settings. I like the first and last one best.

Lovely card!

Winter said...

Cute! Love the cupcake! Love the last one!