Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Cards!

Ho ho ho! 25 Days until Christmas! I've been pretty on top of Christmas this year - no last minute shopping or card making for me! It has been a little hard since it has been so unseasonably warm here. It doesn't even feel like fall so how could it possibly feel like Christmas? It didn't feel like Thanksgiving either, but I've been trying to work past that so the season doesn't just fly by me unnoticed.

Three more Christmas cards are now complete! I've really been feeling the 3"x6" for these:

Christmas Trees
Supplies:
Doodlebug Clear Expressions Let it Snow
Crafts Etc! Cardstock
DCWV & Lasting Impressions patterned paper
Nestabilities
Spool O' Ribbon
Lime Green Stickles
White Opal Liquid Pearls
JoAnn Sew Essential Buttons

Christmas Stocking
Supplies:
Stampin' Up! It's a Stretch
Lasting Impressions & Doodlebug patterned paper
Crystal Stickles
White Opal Liquid Pearls
Mark Richards Metal stickers
Offray Ribbon











This last one is a shorty so I haven't decided if I'm going to send it to someone or just keep it for myself since I think it turned out super cute. I got the idea for the lights from Nancy, one of the Hero Arts designers, she mentions it toward the end of this post here. None of my brads have ever come with turns so I went looking for some to play with. I ended up with silver which I colored with Bic Mark It permanent marker (sorry Sharpie!) and then Stickles'd for the lighted effect. I think it looks awesome! But perhaps I'm biased.

Very Merry Shorty

Supplies:
Stampin' Up! Short & Sweet
Lasting Impressions patterned paper
Offray Ribbon
Crystal Stickles
JoAnn Scrap Essentials photo holders (silver, colored with permanent marker)
Black braiding cord








Since I have plenty of time still, I may play with some more holiday designs if the inspiration hits. If not I'll just make some multiples of these and the one from the second half of my previous post and call it Christmas!

No comments: