Saturday, April 4, 2009

The New Flatness

I really wanted to push myself a little further with a one layer card. I was looking at Taylor's new sketch and was possessed to attempt it in one layer. I happened to be talking to Lysa at the time and she dared me to add Kristina's new colors into the mix, too. I couldn't pass up that challenge!

A special card for the special Hero Arts blog birthday!


Taylor's Sketch


















Kristina's Colors










Three Challenges: All in One Layer

Supplies:

HA Clear Design Cupcakes
Colorbox Lime Pastel, Ice Blue, and Dark Brown chalk inks (sponged)
Making Memories ribbon
Favorite Findings buttons
pearl stickers









I used a lot of scraps for various mats (lots of thinking on this one! Which part to sponge first?)
and some strategic Xactoing for the ribbon.

So flaaat:




5 comments:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This is so adorable! Love the ribbon! We think alike...I used the same sketch and colors for my card too! :D

Lysa said...

Love the card! Glad I planted the 'seed' :D

Mel H. said...

Super cute. Love that cupcake!!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Wow!!! Great job. That would be really hard for me. Fabulous job on the KWerner color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Winter said...

So pretty! Great job on keeping it flat! :) Great picture to show that too!