Saturday, April 25, 2009

So Distressing!

In a good way! This week's Hero Arts challenge is all about distressing techniques. My previous forays into the world of distress have been pretty limited. I do have one Distress Ink (tea dye) which I like quite a bit, but I wanted to try something different this week. Pink!

This also fits in with the current Caardvarks challenge - trees. A new (to me at least!) contest - how exciting!

Hello Tree

Supplies:
HA Sparkle Clear Hello Tree
Prima screen pattern stamp
DCWV papers
Lah Di Dah Courtyard mini ribbon
Prima Flowers
Pearl stickers
Making Memories tiny alpha stickers
Nestabilities Label One








A quick photography note
: Someone in the HA Flickr Group recently posted a link to the Strobist blog on DIY light tents (post here). I already have a light tent but haven't been thrilled with my lighting. I LOVED the poster board backround idea and wanted to try it. After my trusty sissy-in-law tested it out to great results (see them here) I made a quick run up to Walgreens for some of my own! LOVING the results!

6 comments:

Lucy Abrams said...

Love it - gorgeous colours and design. Thanks for joining in with the Caardvarks challenge!

SmilynStef said...

I have this tree but I've yet to ink it up ... it looks so pretty in pink.

lauren bergold said...

welcome to CAARDVARKS--we're so glad you've come along to play! i am ♥loving♥ this gorgeously distressed pink card...not to mention...that adorable owl! SO COOL!

Jenn Biederman said...

Love this, Meg! Love the greens & pinks together...a fave! Thanks for playing along with the Caardvarks challenge!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is just darling! What cute images!

~Lori Roop said...

Too cute! I love the sentiment stamped over the tree!