Saturday, April 4, 2009

One Layer = Hard!

It's a special week over at the Hero Blog - It's the blog's first birthday! In honor of that, this week's challenge is to use only one paper layer (ribbon, gems, buttons, etc all still allowed). Talk about hard, I learned to make cards by mounting my images and using more than one layer. Plus stamping and coloring directly on the finished piece? Can't cover that up if you mess it up! I did find one elusive, one layer card I had attempted many moons ago. I remember I had abandoned it because I didn't like its lack of layers! Needless to say this week was a true challenge for me. Especially after seeing all the amazing creations on the blog and in the Flickr group, definitely some true works of art and some amazing faux layers - stunning optical illusions!

Here are my creations. Honestly I can't tell if I like them. I don't not like them, but I just have a hard time in a one layer mindset! "Hmm, are they missing something? Well, what would you add? Another layer!"

I started the easy route with a HA Card Art stamp:
Supplies:
HA CardArt Flower Thank You
HA flower gems
Stickles - stardust
pearl stickers
buttons unknown
colored with Copics











A Day to Celebrate
Supplies:
HA large and small solid circles
HA solid narrow rectangle
HA Clear Design Birthday Messages
Colorbox Chalk inks
Cakes colored with copics
Offray ribbon
K & Co. gems
Stickles - Yellow (on cake candles)






A harder one on Kraft paper (white paper is much easier!)
Supplies:
HA I love my Dog
HA small solid circle
Doodlebug Tags
Colorbox Chalk inks
Tea Dye Distress ink
Pup, frame, and ball Copic'd
Offray ribbon
Pearl stickers
Favorite Findings buttons
Ranger Glossy Accents ("drool" on ball, kind of hard to see)


Phew! I do have one more that was a special effort. Stay tuned for that post! (Or click here)

No comments: